Destin is known for its white beaches and featuring beautiful emerald-colored waters. The peninsula separates the Gulf of Mexico and Choctawhatchee Bay. West of Destin is Fort Walton Beach. On the peninsula tip is East Pass also known as Destin Pass.
With its white beaches it’s pretty hard to beat Destin, having some of the whitest beaches in the world.
Things to do, places to visit, site seeing in Destin
Vacationers can charter fishing cruises from the harbor or have a nice relaxing diner and entertainment cruise in a luxury yacht.
- Big Kahuna’s – water and adventure park something for every member of the family.
- The Track – Has something for everyone bungee jumping, skydiving, go kart racing, bumper rides, mini golf, and Kids Country.
- Destin Commons – open-air shopping mall, 14-screen Rave Motion Pictures cinema.
- Silver Sands Outlet Mall – One of the nation’s largest designer outlet center.
- HarborWalk Village Destin Harbor
- Gulfarium – close and personal, feed the dolphins, Pet them, Learn about them, spend some time at the shallow end of the pool allowing the dolphins to come to you.
- Chautauqua Winery – Largest vineyard in Florida, harvests its own grapes in August and September, tours and wine tastings available.
- Destin Harbor – Harbor boardwalk, Live Music and Entertainment, in the afternoon watch the fishing vessels return with their catch, parasailing, snorkeling, and dolphin tours.
Destin Florida Arts
- Sinfonia Gulf Coast – Concerts
- Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra – Area’s premiere symphony.
- Ballet Conservatory Destin School of Music & Dance – Watch a recital.
- Northwest Florida Ballet – Dance performances and instruction, identify and develop talented dancers.
March and April experience the annual Cobia Tournament. June is the Billfish Tournament, and October is the month for the long Fishing Rodeo and seafood festival.
Charter a deep sea fishing trip. Emerald Coast has miles of coasts for fresh water fishing with many creeks and ponds.
With the build up of Holiday Isle condos there are many places to stay with many owners in Destin vacation rental programs. Destin Florida Vacation rentals on the beach do get top dollar and are well worth it. There’s nothing like taking a morning stroll on the beach before the heat right out of your Destin Florida vacation rental. When looking for Destin places to stay nothing beats being on the beach.
When looking for places to stay you should always get some outside and inside pictures before choosing a vacation rental unit.
Destin vacation rentals and Destin places to stay
- Condo – 1,2,3 bedroom condos available in beautiful Destin Florida Beach Resort
- Maravilla Resort – 2 bedroom, 2 bath, beach, pool, hot tub, tennis courts, exercise room Maravilla Resort
- Destin luxury home -Large 3 bedroom home, 3.5 bath, pool, hot tub, beach Luxury Home
- Destin Condo – New condo 2 bedroom, 2 bath, all amendities New Condo
- Destin Seagrove Beach – 3 bedroom, 3 bath, pool, hot tub, walk to beach Seagrove Beach Home