Islamorada Fl 2 Bedrooms Vacation Rentals
When you hear someone talk about Florida you automatically think about Key West or Daytona Beach or perhaps you think about Destin, Panama City or Pensacola. But have you ever thought about visiting the beautiful island village of Islamorada, Florida? Located in Monroe County, Florida, it is situated on the islands of Tea Table Key, Lower Matecumbe Key, Upper Matecumbe Key, Windley Key and Plantation Key in the Florida Keys. The cute little village also called Village of Islands and was created November 4, 1997 and before that date was only considered to be on the Upper Matecumbe Key. The village is picturesque with it’s beaches boasting of beautiful white sand and crystal clear waters. Not sure if there is something there for you? Well, the island hosts a variety of entertainment as well as attractions, dive parks and playgrounds.
Have you ever wanted to pet a dolphin? How about taking a swim with one or even swimming and playing with a sea lion? Visit Theater of the Sea and get that chance as well as chances to interact with a variety of other tropical animals. Would you like to go snorkeling, diving, or spelunking for sunken treasure? Yes spelunking is a real word, and you can really do it. You can visit Indian Key Historic state park to fulfill that dream.
Maybe hiking, snorkeling, swimming with the animals just isn’t your thing. Islamorada offers all varieties of fishing. If you’re a casual fisherman to a serious sports deep sea fisherman, there are several shops you can charter a deep-sea fishing expedition.
If you’re looking to relax, whether it is by kicking back on a beach towel, soaking up some beautiful sun and reading a good book or looking for wild adventures, Islamorada has a touch of everything for everyone. Give them a visit and just. . . get away.
Check out these Islamorada Fl 2 Bedrooms Vacation Rentals. You may check rates, view more photos, and information and also contact the owner directly for availability for your required dates by clicking on the link you are interested in. Not looking for two bedrooms? Browse more Islamorada three plus bedrooms.
Islamorada Fl 2 Bedrooms Vacation Rentals
Waterfront Islamorada Paradise On Canal
Bedrooms:2 Bathrooms:1 Bath
Min Days: 3
Islamorada Bayside Paradise Boat Slip
Bedrooms:2 Bathrooms:2 Bath
Min Days: 2
Community Pool, Dock
Islamorada, a “Village of Islands,” on the islands of Tea Table Key, Lower Matecumbe Key, Upper Matecumbe Key, Windley Key and Plantation Key in the Florida Keys. Considered just an island of Upper Matecumbe until, it was incorporated on November 4, 1997.
The name Islamorada, meaning “purple island”, came from early Spanish explorers in the area.
Islamorada also has the largest concentration of fishing boats in the Florida Keys.
Recognized as the “Sport Fishing Capital of the World,” with its abundance of marine life it has become a popular diving and snorkeling hot spot.
There are many property owners that belong to vacation rentals by owner and places to stay in Islamorada.
Things to do, places to visit, site seeing in Islamorada
- Long Key State Park – A tropical park full of nature trails.
- Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park – See an old quarry used to dig largo limestone with preserved quarry machinery.
- Indian Key Historic State Park– Accessible only by canoe, kayak private boats, or chartered boats. Treacherous reefs off with Shipwreck after shipwreck created lots of salvaging.
- Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park – Island history, variety of bird species
- Theater of the Sea – Educational marine animal park, swim with dolphins, sea lions, and stingrays in the lagoon.
- Layton Nature Trail – 20 minute loop walk filled with tropical plants found only in the Keys, pigeon plum, wild coffee and gumbo-limbo.
- San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve – Dutch-built ship sank in a hurricane on July 13, 1733. In only eighteen feet of water its a great for divers, snorkelers and glass-bottom boats.
- Hurricane Monument – A category 5 with sustained winds of 200. The 1935 Labor Day hurricane is one of the most powerful to hit the USA with over 400 deaths.
- Matheson House on Lignumvitae Key – In 1919 William J. Matheson a wealthy American chemist bought the island and built a caretaker’s home, which was recently restored and is in good condition today. The home shows how early island dwellers survived and depended on rainwater, wind power, and fish.
Search even more Islamorada vacation rentals with these homes listed by Vrbo Islamorada