Key West Florida Keys Vacation Rentals By Owner
Key West is one of Florida’s biggest attractions, with sand and sun for miles! There are many things to do out in Key West from shopping, art galleries, bar’s and lounges, plenty of good places to eat, and some nice places to watch movies. Our biggest fun of all of course is our nice sandy beaches. For those looking for places to stay it is usually a better deal securing Key West Florida Keys vacation rentals by owner since you will typically save a lot more money.When visiting Key West, you have to stop by our Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, one of the most beautiful places you will ever see! We also have the Dry Tortugas National Park, which is one of our highest ranked fun spots. If you are looking to see some fishes and wild life, you have to check out the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center!
If you are like most of our locals, you are here for the beaches! Here at Key West we have many different beaches to keep our guests satisfied. South Beach if a favorite for the locals, with its long sandy beaches and shallow waters, it also has a nice concrete pier. If you are looking to bring your dog along then why not head out to Dog Beach, a favorite with animal owners although it is a bit rocky and slippery sometimes. One of the most popular beaches around would be Higg’s Beach, with lots of sandy shores and a long wooden pier, along with a full service restaurant, playground,Covered picnic tables, and a rafts and water sports rental, this place is usually the spot to be at here in Key West.
If you’re looking to find the perfect rental spot for here in Key West,we made it easy for you to find Key West vacation rentals whether it is an affordable studio to a luxury waterfront view vacation condo and everything in between. Browse the links below to easily find the best vacation rental that meets your needs. We hope you come and visit the town for a vacation of a lifetime! You’ll be glad you did!
- Key West studio and one bedroom vacation rentals
- Key West two bedroom vacation rentals
- Key West three bedroom vacation rentals
- Key West four bedroom and four plus bedroom vacation rentals
Key West Florida Keys Vacation Rentals By Owner
Key West Florida Vacation Rentals and Key West Places to Stay
Key West was isolated until Henry Flagler connected his East Coast Railway in the early 1900’s. Key West has mild, tropical-marine climate and claims its the only city in the continental USA to never had frost. It is the southernmost point in the continental USA.
Known for its bird, plants, marine, pirates, and sunken gold.
Several U.S. presidents vacationed Key West, Harry Truman, after Franklin D. Roosevelt visited in 1939 There was a buildup of military bases on Key West. John F. Kennedy visited shortly after the Cuban Missile Crisis. After office Jimmy Carter held a family reunion.
A big attraction is the concrete replica of a buoy that claims to be the southernmost point in the continental United States. Brightly painted and labeled “SOUTHERNMOST POINT CONTINENTAL U.S.A.”.
Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park also
Many tourists use scooters, bicycles, and golf carts to get around the island. There are plenty things to do and see. There are many museums, site seeing, tours, hiking, and of course snorkeling and diving.
Fishing there are many private and group fishing charters, guides, and fishing information.
Places to visit, site seeing in Key West
- Dry Tortugas National Park And Fort Jefferson – Seven tiny islands, coral reefs, white sandy beaches. The islands are Known for its bird and marine life, pirates and sunken gold.
- McCoy Indigenous Park – Rescues many animals, native trees, plants, butterflies, and birds. Southernmost point in the continental USA.
- Florida Keys ECO-Discovery Center – 6,000 square foot Center, with exhibits, world’s only underwater ocean laboratory. Marine art work with colorful coral reef and mangrove shoreline.
- Audubon House & Tropical Gardens – A wonderful nature setting with educational tours for families of all ages.
- Key West Nature Preserve – Undeveloped ocean-front property and turned it into a natural area. Wooden walkways, trails, mangrove forests, beach. Enjoy the butterflies, lizards and birds.
- Mel Fisher Maritime Heritage Society– Educational program, conservation laboratory, Historical exhibits.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory – Tropical paradise with hundreds of the most beautiful butterflies.
- Key West Botanical Forest and Garden – Tropical forest and garden filled with butterflies, birds and beautiful flowers.
Places of interest
- Mary O’Shea’s Glass Garden – Hand made fused glass, beautiful glass sculptures, a must see.
- Key West Lighthouse – Located at the south tip, great for families.
- Ghosts and Legends of Key West – Ghost stories and legends tour.
- Sebago Watersports – Waterfront Area, reef snorkeling, sunset sails, parasailing.
- Conch Tour Train – Popular attractions, rides by Hemingway House, Mallory Square, and the Seaport.
Sunset Celebration – Mallory Square, every evening with vendors, performers, food, all with some of the most beautiful sunsets.
- Studios of Key West – working studio spaces exhibition hall, sculpture garden, creative workshops, free humanities lectures.
- Snorkeling in Key West – Clear waters make for great for snorkeling and swimming.
- Trails of Margaritaville in Key West – Tour bars as well as the history of them. Jimmy Buffet facts and trivia ninety-minute tour that will fascinate you with stories about the legendary Jimmy Buffet and tell you about the stories behind the songs.
- Astro City Atlantic Blvd – Popular place for families.
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum – Lush gardens, tour guides, sixty cats, Nobel Prize winner’s writing career.
- Shipwreck Museum – Allerton sank in 1856, Observation tower, many artifacts.
- Heritage House Museum & Robert Frost Cottage – Visit the Caribbean Colonial house Built in the 1830s with Original furnishings and unusual artifacts. Tours available.
- Nancy Forrester’s Garden – Picturesque gardens, flowers, plants, palms, all in their natural settings. Art gallery, tours.
- Pat Croce’s Pirate Soul Museum – Real pirate experiences and pirate artifacts.
- Curry Mansion Museum – 25 room Victorian museum. William Curry who was penniless was the island’s first millionaire. 25-room Victorian home named after its owner William Curry.
Search even more Key West vacation rentals with homes listed with Vrbo Key West