Top Features:Deck- Gulf Views
This classic island house has been a fixture on Little Gasparilla Island for over 30 years. The new owners have lovingly redecorated and renovated the interior while keeping the quaint charm of the original “round” design. Everything has been updated, with city water, a new outdoor shower, all new furnishings, new floors, new French doors, new stainless refrigerator and new window treatments. The fresh, clean interior, coupled with the with the fabulous views of the Gulf of Mexico, make this a premiere spot for your next beach vacation!
When you sit at the breakfast bar, you can gaze out at the Gulf….when you eat dinner at the dining table, you view the Gulf….the living room opens to the Gulf through brand new French doors….and both bedrooms also have views of the Gulf! You are literally sitting as close to the beach as you can without being in the water! The views from the deck are like being on the deck of a boat….and the south portion of the porch is a warm respite from chilly winds in the winter months.
Your vacation at “The Round House” will combine the best of both worlds….the convenience and comfort of new furnishings, the quaint charm and funky chic of one of the island’s most enduring landmarks, and the proximity to the Gulf of Mexico — literally right outside your front door — that makes a beach vacation so special!
NEW: Now there are queen beds in BOTH bedrooms and a new firepit in the back yard! (Perfect for S’mores!)
• Satellite TV in living room and one bedroom
• Breakfast bar overlooking the Gulf
• Stackable washer-dryer included
• Wi-fi via a mobile hotspot
• Access to a dock slip at dock 21 (Peacock Lane)
• Pet friendly
• Outdoor dining on the beachside porch
• All linens, including beach towels, included
• Our concierge service will meet you at the dock and help transport luggage and groceries to the house for you
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS…PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a charcoal grill so please bring charcoal and lighter fluid with you.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee
• We offer trash pick up on Saturday morning ONLY. If you leave any day other than Saturday, you must take the trash off the island with you.
• If you have requested use of the mobile hotspot, keep in mind this is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. There is no unlimited data and wi-fi is NOT for entertainment. No Netflix, no skyping, no streaming music, no downloading videos, etc. Many people find the mobile hotspots on their smartphones are better alternatives.